SALMON AND SWEET POTATO SOUP
Hearty and warming salmon and sweet potato soup – the perfect comfort food for cold winter days. Takes minutes to prepare and half an hour to cook.
2 bay leaves
2 medium / large sweet potatoes
4oz of fresh salmon
4oz of ASL premium Scottish smoked salmon
300ml double cream
- Finely chop the onions.
- Sweat down with butter on low heat, add the bay leaves and cloves.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Bake these in the oven until soft, roughly 20 minutes.
- Chop all the salmon into bite size pieces.
- Once onions are soft, remove the bay leaves and cloves.
- Add the softened sweet potato.
- Add cream and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon.
- Season to taste.
- to thicken, add cornflour or a mixture of flour and water.
- to make thinner, add milk.
We think our salmon and sweet potato soup is delicious. Add some chopped chives and serve with crusty bread, bon appetit!