SMOKED SALMON, CELERIAC AND POTATO BAKE
Smoked Salmon, Celeriac and Potato Bake – delicious!
This hearty dish is an easy to prepare all-in-one meal, perfect comfort food. It’s also a different, but extremely delicious way to add smoked salmon to your diet.
Smoked Salmon, Celeriac & Potato Bake
- 1 small celeriac (600-700g), peeled, quartered and sliced into pieces approx. 1cm thick
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g smoked salmon, chopped into small squares
- 1 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 x 284ml cartons double cream
- Small handful of fresh dill, chopped
- 40g grated cheddar
- Small knob of butter, for greasing the dish
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200oC / fan 180oC / gas mark 6 and grease a large ovenproof dish with the butter.
- Put a layer of celeriac and potato into the bottom of the dish.
- Add half the leek, half the onion, half the smoked salmon, a sprinkling of dill, a little salt, a lot of cracked black pepper and one third of the cream.
- Repeat steps 2-3 to build another layer.
- Top the dish with a final layer of celeriac and potato, and add the remaining cream. Finish with the rest of the dill and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes in the centre of the oven, then remove the foil and cook for another 30-40 minutes until bubbling, and the top is crispy and golden. Check the vegetables are cooked by inserting a skewer, which should push in easily.
- Leave to cool slightly and then serve with a crisp green salad, or thick cut crusty bread.
Tip: If you can’t get celeriac, try substituting parsnip or swede instead!
Recipe courtesy Fish is the Dish