CULLEN SKINK RECIPE
Cullen skink recipe. This cullen skink recipe is a delicious and filling soup that will feed the whole house. Perfect for batch cooking.
Prep time: 20 -25 mins
Cooking time; 25 -30 mins
Skill level: Easy
- 400g undyed skinless smoked haddock fillets
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into equal sized chunks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1.5 ltr fish or vegetable stock
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200ml single cream
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
- Boil the potatoes until soft, then drain and mash.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the onion, stock and haddock fillets into a pan and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and immediately reduce down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the fish from the stock with a slotted spoon and flake it into chunks, removing any bones.
- Strain the stock into the mashed potato (discard the onion), add the milk and cream and combine together. Bring slowly to the boil, add the flaked fish and heat through until it’s piping hot. Season with a little more pepper and garnish with sprinkle parsley. Serve with wholemeal bread for a more substantial meal, if desired.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 200kcal
- Fat 7.1g
- Saturates 3.8g
- Carbs 23.1g
- Sugars 4.4g
- Fibre 2g
- Protein 15.7g
- Salt 3.4g
Recipe courtesy: Love Seafood
Photo courtesy: Love Seafood