AQUACULTURE CAREERS – BIOFARM ADVISOR
Aquaculture careers – Biofarm Advisor. To support continued business growth, BioMar is seeking a BioFarm Advisor to join its technical team and provide onsite technical support and advice to customers across the UK and Ireland.
Here is BioMar’s description of this exciting new opportunity:
“At BioMar, our customers feed the world. We want to innovate aquaculture by making exceptional fish feed and partnering with our customers to enable them to feed the world. We need people who share this passion to innovate, to change, to support and lead aquaculture. BioMar’s UK business unit is based in Grangemouth and is the leading supplier to the UK and Irish aquaculture industries, as well as having a growing export business.
About the position
To support the continued growth of the business we are seeking a BioFarm Advisor to join our technical team and provide onsite technical support and advice to our customers across the UK and Ireland. This is a stimulating position offering great opportunity for personal and professional development.
This role is designed to provide support to our customers surrounding feed performance, feeding practices, flesh quality and general technical support for customers on-site, ultimately ensuring our customers get the best out of their partnership with BioMar.
Reporting directly to the BioFarm Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing after sales service and technical support
- Customer site visits centring around the monitoring of flesh quality and feed performance
- Data gathering, database maintenance and reporting
- Assist with a range of customer and internal feed trials and projects
- Assist in the development of the range of services provided by the BioFarm team in the UK
The job will necessitate extensive travel across Scotland (as restrictions lift) and a practical hands-on approach.
We are searching for someone who already has experience in the aquaculture industry, or a recent graduate who can demonstrate they have the potential and desire to succeed in this role and act as the link between the technical department, our customers and our BioMar team in Grangemouth. To be successful you will likely have:
- Experience within the aquaculture industry, either in a production or a technical role
- Knowledge of fish health and physiology
- Graduate/postgraduate qualifications in aquaculture/sciences
- Customer-centric approach at the heart of everything you do
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Proactive, persistent, structured and detail orientated- a completer finisher.
- Good numeracy skills and familiar with undertaking statistical analysis
- Familiar with Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- A full UK driving licence
- Competitive base salary based on your knowledge, skills and previous experience.
- Choice of Company vehicle
- Healthcare cover
- Generous pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible/hybrid working.
If you are interested in joining a world leading organisation in high performance aquaculture diets with a focus on exceptional customer service then please email your CV to this address by Friday 14 May 2021.”