FJORD1 CHOOSES NES AS SYSTEM INTEGRATOR
Fjord1 chooses NES as system integrator. Norwegian Electric Systems (NES) will deliver battery systems, integrated electrical and automation packages for the conversion of three 125-car ferries for the ferry link Halsa – Kanestraum.
The conversion of the ferries in the Moldefjord series is scheduled to start during the last half of 2020, and both ferry berths are being rebuilt with a complete land based charging system.
This will be NES` delivery numbers 16, 17 and 18 of hybrid electric ferries to Fjord1.
– NES is humble and proud that Fjord1 once again has chosen NES as partner for their remodelling projects. Through good dialogue, we ensure sustainable and safe solutions for the future zero-emission ferries, stated Stein Ruben Larsen, Sales Manager at NES.
Optimized technical solutions
The ferries that will be converted were designed by LMG Marin in Bergen, and built by Remontowa in Poland in 2009/2010. After having their gas engines replaced with batteries and charging systems, they will become zero-emission ferries.
NES has previously converted ferries from diesel-mechanical to both diesel-electric propulsion and hybrid propulsion. The deliveries in these contracts mainly consist of:
– QUEST II charging system that will be integrated into the existing ship’s propulsion systems
– Battery systems
– Charging plugs and transformers
– Upgrading of the ship’s IAS and PMS systems
– Integration of the environmental reporting system SPM (Ship Performance Monitoring).
On land, the followings must be delivered:
– Charging plug
– Power and charging systems
NES is world class supplier of zero emission systems. Their extensive experience in design, construction, commissioning and operation assures their customers that the delivery is optimised and of high quality.
FACTS about Norwegian Electric Systems AS
Norwegian Electric Systems AS (NES) is a high-tech company with top-expertise in electric and hybrid propulsion systems, automation and integrated navigation. Its unique product portfolio enables NES to deliver complete solutions from bridge to propeller.
Its main focus is on having the most efficient and environmentally friendly solutions, and on ensuring that the product solutions are adapted to suit the vast majority of vessel types.
NES is based in Bergen and has branches with core expertise in Ålesund and Egersund.
The company`s current orders are worth NOK 634 million. NES has 67 employees in addition to outsourced production.
To learn more about NES visit: