NEW MANAGING DIRECTOR AT THE SHIPYARD IN LEIRVIK
New managing director at the shipyard in Leirvik. Karsten Sævik is the new managing director of New Havyard Ship Technology AS (NHST) in Leirvik , Norway.
The current managing director, Erlend Hatleberg, has chosen to seek new challenges outside Havyard.
The chairman of the board of NHST, Vegard Sævik, thanks Erlend Hatleberg for his efforts in what has been a demanding time for New Havyard Ship Technology AS. – Erlend has been an important contributor to finding solutions that have secured deliveries of the ships in the order book, and we wish him the best of luck.
Karsten Sævik has extensive experience in the construction and operation of ships, including as VP Project & Newbuilding in Odfjell ASA, CEO of Remøy Shipping and as CEO of Ulstein Verft.
Vegard Sævik, says they have secured a very competent and experienced manager for the further development of the yard. – Karsten knows ships and shipbuilding and is used to leading people through complex projects and demanding restructuring processes. The board has great confidence that Karsten will contribute to the implementation of the remaining construction program, and restructuring to service yard in a good way, together with the skilled employees in Leirvik.
Facts about Havyard Group
Havyard Group ASA is a maritime technology company that delivers products and services in the areas of seafood, energy and transport.
Havyard Group ASA is listed on Oslo Børs, Ticker HYARD. Its head office is in Fosnavåg, and the Group has 521 employees.
The Group is divided into four business areas:
- Shipbuilding Technology, based in Leirvik in Sogn with branches in Fosnavåg, Poland and Turkey, has 349 employees.
- Ship Design & Solutions, based in Fosnavåg with branches in Poland and Croatia, has 65 employees.
- Havyard Hydrogen, based in Fosnavåg, has 1 employee
- Power & Control, based in Bergen with branches in Ålesund and Egersund, has 55 employees.
- Norwegian Greentech AS, based in Fosnavåg, has 14 employees.