ASPARAGUS AND GARLIC PRAWN SPAGHETTI
Asparagus and garlic prawn spaghetti. British asparagus is a great seasonal pairing for seafood dishes, and this super quick garlic prawn spaghetti recipe is perfect for the spring asparagus season in the UK. Quick to prepare, and full of flavour.
Skill Level: Easy
Recipe by: British Asparagus
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 200g raw prawns, de-shelled and de-veined
- 200g spaghetti
- 250g asparagus
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 60ml reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. siracha sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Put the spaghetti on to boil in a large pan of salted boiling water.
- Trim the asparagus and cut each spear into three.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of butter and 1 tbsp. of the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry for a minute and then add the asparagus. Tossing in the pan for a couple of minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- In the same pan add another the remaining 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. oil and add the prawns. Cook for a minute each side until turning pink. Then add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, stock, sriracha, lemon juice and allow the pan to bubble. Stir the asparagus back in.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water and toss it through the mixture in the pan. Add some of the cooking water if you feel it needs to be a bit looser. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 639kcal
- Fat 20.3g
- Saturates 6g
- Carbs 75.7g
- Sugars 4.7g
- Fibre 8.1g
- Protein 34.2g
- Salt 1.3g
Source: Love Seafood