HOFSETH BIOCARE SIGNS DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT
Hofseth Biocare signs distribution contract for marine products. Hofseth BioCare (“HBC”) has signed a comprehensive distribution contract with Prinova Europe (“Prinova”). The agreement is a European exclusive distribution contract for branded marine products. With a unique and sustainable technology, HBC extracts key ingredients from salmonid fish as hydrolysed, soluble protein, calcium bone powder and oil. Prinova will distribute a diverse product range from Atlantic salmon based on HBC technology and preserved within hours of harvesting.
This agreement is an important step towards global distribution and fits well together with the work-in-progress on the distribution agreement with Nestlé-owned Garden of Life® for distribution of HBC products in the USA.
The products included in the distribution agreement are:
- ProGo® Salmon Protein Hydrolysate; a soluble protein powder, which is a hydrolysed protein fraction with more than 97 % pure hydrolysed protein, suitable for sports, endurance and recovery nutrition, and may be used in powder formulations, bars, drinks and tablets.
- CollaGo® Collagen Peptides: A soluble Type I & III Collagen Peptide powder good for skin, muscles and arteries. Recent studies have proven its benefit for beauty enhancement including hair, skin and nails; and also, for energy. It can be used in different formats including powders, bars, tablets and beverages.
- CalGo® Marine Bone powder: a collagen calcium powder containing 24 % Type II Collagen, 19 % elemental Calcium, 9 % elemental Phosphorous. It supports joint cartilage function and heart health. It can be applied in tablets, powders and other formats.
- OmeGo® Salmon Oil: a full spectrum of omega fatty acids oil including Omega 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 & 11, EPA, DHA, DPA, natural amounts of antioxidants, and no added chemicals for increasing stability. It is beneficial for maintaining healthy cholesterol and cardiovascular function. It can be formulated in soft gel caps and other formats.
- The HBC product range is non-GMO, does not contain antibiotics, solvents, or chemicals and is highly sustainable with zero waste during production. It delivers easily absorbed bioactive peptides from HBC’s proprietary tailored enzymatic technology. HBC’s bioactive peptides are being developed into healthcare products for treating iron-deficiency anaemia, NEC/Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Sarcopenia.
According to ‘Research and Markets’, the Marine Collagen market is expected to reach US$ 895.7 Million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2020 to 2023.
Tony Gay, Head of Technical Sales & NPD at Prinova comments that: “We are very excited to represent Hofseth BioCare in the European market. With the combination of their high quality, innovative products and the trend on increased interest in sustainable marine ingredients, I feel their range is very in line with the latest trends. We are already working on concepts to show Hofseth BioCare ingredients in applications for; Beauty from Within, Exercise Recovery & Energy, Cardiovascular Support and Bone Health. These concepts will be available on our stand at Vitafoods exhibition in Geneva (Stand# G54) and customer meetings over the coming months.”
“HBC process is focused on sustainability and traceability concept. Optimal locations make it possible to deliver the freshest salmon products there is – using the whole Fish. With our traceability system and cooperation with our main suppliers, we are currently able to link the production process from fish eggs to final Products. HBC is also certified sustainable by Friend of the Sea and are the pioneer.
in the global market for turning fish off-cuts into high-value nutrition for humans and pets. We see a broad application for our products especially for dietary supplements, sports powders and beverages. We are transparent with companies and have scientific studies proving each product’s benefits for specific health conditions.” comments Roger Hofseth, CEO of HBC.