ITALIAN-STYLE FISH STEW WITH KALE AND GNOCCHI
Italian-style fish stew with kale and gnocchi. This is a hearty Italian-inspired meal that takes no time to prepare thanks to a few store-cupboard heroes!
Recipe courtesy: Love Seafood
Skill Level: Easy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time; 20 minutes
- 400g boneless, skinless cod loin or fillets
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 500ml passata with garlic
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano or mixed Italian herbs
- 500g pack gnocchi
- 1 bag chopped kale, stalks removed
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Prepare the fish by patting it dry with kitchen roll, then cut it into 5cm chunks. Cover and set aside.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml boiling water.
- Put the passata, chopped tomatoes, herbs and stock into a large pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce by one third.
- Add the gnocchi and kale and bring back to a simmer to allow the gnocchi and kale to cook through.
- Gently drop the cod chunks into the stew and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Serve the stew in large bowls, with fresh crusty bread, if desired.
Cod loin tends to be a little firmer and will hold together better than cod fillets, but either option will taste delicious! Leftovers can easily be reheated for lunch the next day.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 342kcal
- Fat 2g
- Saturates 0.3g
- Carbs 51.8g
- Sugars 10.4g
- Fibre 5.8g
- Protein 26.3g
- Salt 2.4g