NATIONAL FISH AND CHIP AWARDS 2019
Fish Focus had a great day out at the National Fish and Chip Awards 2019 in London yesterday, thanks to Seafish, the organisers of the annual event.
Congratulations to all the finalists who attended the awards. Especially to the winners of the best fish and chip shop, which went to Krispies Fish and Chips in Exmouth. Owned and run by husband and wife team, Tim and Kelly Barnes, Krispies beat nine other finalists to win the top prize. Congratulations also to runners up, Captain’s Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire and Low’s Traditional Fish & Chips, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, who acieved 3rd place.
Seafish chief executive Marcus Coleman said: “Krispies have beaten the best fish and chip shops in the business to win this prestigious award and we’d like to offer our warmest congratulations to them for what is a truly superb effort.
“Their final presentation to the judging panel was truly first class, with their passion for fish and chips evident throughout.”
The top ten fish and chip shops in the UK are:
WINNER: Krispies Fish & Chips, Exmouth, Devon
RUNNER-UP: Captain’s Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
3RD PLACE: Low’s Traditional Fish & Chips, Westhill, Aberdeenshire
- Angel Lane Chippie, Penrith, Cumbria
- Captain’s Fish and Chips, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
- Dolphin Takeaway, Dungannon, County Tyrone
- Harbour Lights, Falmouth, Cornwall
- Mister C’s, Selby, North Yorkshire
- Olley’s Fish Experience, Herne Hill, London
- Papa’s Fish and Chips, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire
- The Crispy Cod, Tonyrefail, Rhondda Cynon Taf