POACHED PLAICE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
Poached plaice with creamy mushroom sauce. A simple poached plaice with creamy mushroom sauce recipe that you will find delicious.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Recipe by: Seafish
- 4 x 170g skinless fillets of plaice
- 175ml reduced-salt fish stock
- 175ml white wine
- Sprig rosemary, leaves only
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- Small bag of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat crème fraiche
- 500g steamed new potatoes in their skins
- 160g steamed green beans
- 160g steamed asparagus
- Put the stock, wine and rosemary into a shallow saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer until it’s reduced to half the original quantity. Add the mushrooms and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Loosely roll up the fillets of fish and put on top of the mushrooms. Cover with a lid and gently poach the fish for around 5-8 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
- Put the spinach in a colander then pour over a kettleful of boiling water. Drain well then divide between four warm plates. Remove the plaice from the stock and mushroom mixture and put on top of the spinach.
- Add the crème fraiche to the stock and mushrooms and gently heat through (don’t allow it to boil or it may curdle) and pour over the fish.
- Serve with the potatoes, asparagus and green beans.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 292kcal
- Fat 4.4g
- Saturates 1.6g
- Carbs 21.9g
- Sugars 3.7g
- Fibre 4.9g
- Protein 33.5g
- Salt 0.9g
Source: Love Seafood