XELECT EXPRESS – NEW RAPID RESPONSE RANGE OF GENETIC SERVICES
Xelect Express – new rapid response range of genetic services. Ploidy testing, sex determination, gene expression, genotyping and relatedness analysis now live
Since 2012 Xelect have been trusted by major producers globally to manage their breeding programmes and provide critical support services.
However, in response to high demand from the industry they are delighted to announce the launch of Xelect Express
– their new rapid response range of genetic services. Xelect Express offers quick, cost effective access to their genetics expertise for genotyping, pedigree assignment, gene expression, ploidy and sex determination.
CEO Ian Johnston commented:
“Our breeding programme customers have always had access to our genetic testing services, but recently we’ve seen demand increase. Whether it’s impartially checkingFish breeding
the ploidy of eggs, or conducting spot checks to avoid in-breeding in broodstock – people want to have certainty over the quality of their supplies and the long-term health of their stocks”.
The tests will be available globally, and conducted by Xelect’s highly qualified experts, led by Operations Director Tom Ashton:
“Our teams use the latest technology and insights to offer fast turnaround, guaranteed technical excellence, total confidentiality and – of course – a low price”.
The services in detail
– Ploidy determination : Their 24 hour service is valuable for fish breeders looking to improve their processes or to certify their product, and for farms looking to check the quality of their supplies. They can usually issue a next day Certificate of Ploidy.
– Sex determination in salmonids : An excellent way to manage stock control which allows sex to be determined at the earliest stages. Results usually returned within 10 days of sample receipt.
– Genotyping and relatedness analysis: The genetic analysis of broodstock enables problems associated with inbreeding to be avoided and ensures the long-term sustainability of a breeding programme.
– Gene expression: Xelect offers gene expression measurements to help with the development of new feeds and vaccines.