SPICY MUSSELS AND TOMATO LINGUINE RECIPE
Spicy mussels and tomato linguine recipe. Whip-up a spicy mussels and tomato linguine in less than 30 minutes. Quick and delicious!
Recipe courtesy Love Seafood
Skill level: Easy
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Skill level; Easy
- 1.5kg mussels, cleaned
- 500g linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 45g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 200g parmesan, grated
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Next, add the lemon zest and juice to the pot and mix to combine.
- Increase the heat to high before adding the mussels. Place the lid on top and cook for 3-6 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed.
- Reduce the heat a little before adding the chopped tomatoes. Mix through with the mussels and cook for a few minutes before adding the cooked pasta, chopped parsley and Parmesan (save a little for garnish).
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of Parmesan to finish.
We used linguine, but spaghetti works too.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 838kcal
- Fat 25.3g
- Saturates 11.3g
- Carbs 95.7g
- Sugars 7.8g
- Fibre 8.3g
- Protein 52.6g