STIR FRIED BROCCOLI WITH AQUNA MURRAY COD AND SESAME
Stir fried broccoli with Murray Cod and sesame is easy to make, takes 10 mins to prepare and 10 mins to cook and serves 4 (with rice).
500g piece of Aquna Murray Cod (filleted, pin boned, skinned and cut into 4cm pieces)
1/4 cup of sunflower oil
1 x bunch broccoli
1/2 bunch of green chard (or other sweet leafy vegetable)
2 x birds eye chilli
2 x cloves of garlic
1 x thumb of ginger
1 x tbsp sesame oil
1 x tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy
1/4 cup of water
20g toasted sesame seeds
- Wash and prepare the greens and cut into large pieces. Be sure to keep all stems, this gives the stir fry a nice crunch and has the best flavour!
- Thinly slice the chilli, garlic and ginger and reserve 1/2 of the chilli for garnish.
- In a large wok, add sunflower oil and bring to temperature over high heat (the oil should simmer thoroughly when adding ingredients).
- Add fish pieces and shallow fry for 30 seconds. Remove from wok and strain off the oil into a prepared bowl with a metal strainer.
- Add 1tbsp of sunflower oil to the wok again over high heat.
- Add chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 20 seconds. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the chopped greens and toss quickly.
- Add water and keep on high heat for 1 minute to allow the vegetables to steam.
- Once the water has evaporated and the greens are soft, add sesame oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce and dark soy, toss thoroughly again.
- Add fish back to the wok (do not add the used oil from the initial fry).
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to taste.
Place in a serving bowl, add sesame seeds and remaining fresh chilli, serve with white rice.