THAI UNION PROVIDES ASSISTANCE FOR AREAS HIT BY COVID
Thai Union provides assistance for areas hit by Covid. In line with its commitment to support those communities where it operates, Thai Union Group PCL has donated 30,000 cans of SEALECT sardines and mackerel, 1,000 boxes of SEALECT tuna spread and crackers, 1,600 bags of Monori Seasnacks, as well as 630 kilograms of frozen seabass fillets to the COVID-19 Donation Centre at Samut Sakhon Provincial Hall, Thailand.
These donations will help people who are in quarantine as well as support medical and other related teams in the Samut Sakon Provincial Public Heath Office who are handling the current wave of COVID-19 outbreaks in Samut Sakhon Province.
“Thai Union is committed to helping the communities in which we operate, and a large number of people are being negatively impacted by the current COVID-19 outbreak in the Samut Sakhon area,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, Thai Union Group CEO. “We also want to support the local authorities, who are putting all their efforts and resources into fighting this pandemic, and we remain confident that, together, we will soon be able to overcome this challenging situation.”
These latest donations support the company’s ongoing global sustainability work, including the UN Sustainable Development Goal No. 8 to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all, Chansiri said, noting that Thai Union has long supported local communities and this year the Company and its global brands have made many donations to those affected by COVID-19. These include:
- SEALECT donating 80,000 cans of mackerel to the SATI Foundation, which helps provide healthcare and education in underserved areas of Thailand
- Delivering 42,000 cups of ready-to-eat Tuna Infusions to the Thai Red Cross for medical and related teams at Thailand’s Chulalongkorn Hospital, who care for COVID-19 patients
- Providing more than 10,000 cans of SEALECT sardines for the mobile kitchen of the Thai Red Cross for those impacted by COVID-19.
- Donating 48,000 packs of SEALECT tuna spread, 25,000 cans of SEALECT tuna and sardines, and 8,000 packs of FISHO fish snacks to the Ministry of Public Health in Thailand to support hospitals and related support units which dealing with COVID-19
- Donating 20,000 cans of SEALECT sardines to the Thai Ministry of Social Development and Human Society for distribution to underprivileged people affected by COVID-19
- Qfresh donating 500 sets of ready-to-eat meals to the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute for medical teams, and providing 400 kilograms of frozen seabass to Chef Hug to be used in meals for Bangkok communities affected by COVID-19.