CAJUN PRAWNS WITH SPICY RICE
Cajun prawns with spicy rice. This is a quick, easy and healthy meal that’s bursting with flavour, combining juicy prawns with veg and tasty Cajun spices.
Recipe courtesy Love Seafood
Skill Level: Easy
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 400g ready-to-eat cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning, according to taste
- 1 small can of sweetcorn, drained
- 2 x 250g packs of ready-to-heat Mexican-style rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add the peppers and cook for a few minutes before adding the Cajun seasoning. Mix together and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and sweetcorn to the pan, stir together to combine and heat through until the prawns are piping hot.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions, then stir into the pan with the prawns and mix well.
- Serve, garnished with the sliced spring onions.
If the prawns you’re using were frozen, make sure they’re thoroughly defrosted and patted dry before cooking.
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 385kcal
- Fat 9.8g
- Saturates 0.9g
- Carbs 48.4g
- Sugars 9.9g
- Fibre 5.9g
- Protein 22.9g
- Salt 2.5g