COD AND PRAWN TAGINE RECIPE
Cod and prawn tagine recipe. A delicious cod and prawn tagine recipe that makes a fantastic meal for all the family.
Skill level: Challenging
Recipe courtesy: Love Seafood
- 2 x 140g cod fillets, cut into chunks
- 200g raw prawns
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and crushed
- 1 mild chili, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 100ml reduced-salt vegetable or fish stock
- 20 green olives, pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in large non-stick pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and gently fry for 5 minutes. Add the chili, carrot and tomatoes and simmer gently for 10 minutes until the carrot is softened.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prawns, and cod before covering with the stock.
- Simmer gently for 6-7 minutes, then add the olives and season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Finally stir in a little coriander and sprinkle the rest over the top to serve. Delicious served with couscous
Nutritional information per servings
- Calories 247kcal
- Fat 8.9g
- Saturates 1.4g
- Carbs 18.1g
- Sugars 6.7g
- Fibre 5.1g
- Protein 26.5g
- Salt1 4g