STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RICE AND BARBEQUE MACKEREL
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Skill level: Easy Peasy
- 100g brown rice
- 4tbsp frozen sweet corn
- 2 x 125g cans Morrisons Skinless & Boneless Mackerel Fillets in Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 4 large peppers, mixed colours
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Mixed leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions in a pan of unsalted water, adding the sweetcorn for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain well, and transfer to a bowl.
- Divide the mackerel into small pieces and add (with the sauce) to the rice and sweetcorn, together with the tomatoes. Mix gently until well combined. Season with black pepper.
- Cut the peppers in half, cutting carefully through the stalk. Remove the seeds and pith and place on a baking tray, cut side up.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice mixture then top with the cheese.
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes until the peppers have softened, the filling is piping hot and the cheese browned. Serve with the mixed leaves
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish. See more recipes at www.fishisthedish.co.uk