SWEET AND CRUNCHY CURRIED MACKEREL PITTA
Sweet and crunchy curried mackerel pitta. Liven up your lunch with this tasty four ingredient recipe. Ready to eat in 5 minutes.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 2-5 minutes
Skill level: Easy Peasy
Recipe by: International Fish Canners (Scotland) Ltd
- 1 tin of mackerel in curry sauce
- 1 pitta bread
- 1 teaspoon of mango chutney
- Handful of crunchy salad mix
- Cut the pitta in half, sprinkle with water and heat both sides under the grill.
- Remove mackerel and sauce from tin and place in a bowl. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute 50 seconds (800 watt).
- Spoon one teaspoon of chutney into the pitta and spread it around, so it acts as a base for the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove the mackerel from the microwave, break it up with a fork and add it on top of the chutney, inside the pitta.
Source: Fish is the Dish